The principal church of the diocese of Chiang Mai is the Cathedral of the Sacred Heart (Thai: อาสนวิหารพระหฤทัย.
The current church was inaugurated on October 30, 1999, and is already the third cathedral of the diocese. The first Sacred Heart church was built in 1931. Shortly before the elevation to a diocese, the new, and larger, church was inaugurated on February 28, 1965.
Sacred Heart College and the kindergarten school that surround the church building were added later (2475 = 1932).
Originally there were 40 students, now there are over 4,000. In the last few years an English Program has been created. This currently has just over 100 students. Each class is small, around 16 students or so, and has two teachers: A native Thai speaking subject teacher and likewise a native English speaking subject teacher.
Whilst Sacred Heart College is a private school, its prices are controlled by the Government and are very much lower than international private schools in the area. Student range from pre-school up to university age.
Atsana Wihan Sacred Heart Cathedral in Chiang Mai, ThailandCharoen Prathet Road
50100 Chang Khlan